Thursday, March 01, 2012

Resto Surabaya


Throughout my life I had rarely gone into Lucky Plaza. There were no reasons to go there - no shopping, nothing to see and no good food (or so I thought). So when my cousin told me that there was good ayam penyet there and suggested that we go there for dinner, I stepped into the building for perhaps the fourth time in my life, and the number of little Indonesian restaurants serving ayam penyet was surprising.

As we were hungry, we settled on the first Indonesian cafe that we saw: Resto Surabaya.

Ayam Penyet Surabaya

Ayam  Bakar

The size of the ayam bakar chicken may look small in this picture, but it is probably because of the angle. I was given the wing and little drumstick with a huge piece of breast meat attached. They were slathered in the delicious dark glaze that had a tinge of sweetness.

Stir-fried Eggplant


Grilled Milk-Fish

I could not quite detect it, but my mother said that the fish had a charcoal BBQ flavour. Nonetheless the same delicious sweet sauce had enveloped the succulent meat of the fish, and made it the best dish of the lot. All of us had praises for the fish.

Stir-fried Kangkong Belacan

Although the price of a meal at Resto Surabaya may be more expensive, since the dishes do not come with rice (and you have to order the rice separately), anything that is cooked in the dark sweet sauce especially the milk-fish is worth its price.




Resto Surabaya

Lucky Plaza
304 Orchard Road
#02-63/64
Singapore 238863
Tel: 6732 1803

Far East Plaza
14 Scotts Road
#06-26/26A
Singapore 228213
Tel: 6738 4369


No comments:

Post a Comment