Monday, April 16, 2012

Poh Cheu



On our way to the Alexandra Village Food Centre carpark, we spootted a long queue snaking out of a coffeeshop. I peered to try and see what the people were queueing for, and from a distance saw the words "Poh Cheu" with pictures of soon kueh. As I rarely eat kueh, I had never heard of Poh Cheu. But my mother seemed to know of Poh Cheu's reputation, so that after she had her lunch at the Food Centre she asked that we walk to Poh Cheu.



It took about 15 minutes of queueing before we finally reached the front of the line. And while we were queueing, a few people came in asking to pick up their bulk orders!


Peng Kueh

Soon Kueh

Bamboo Kueh


Ang Ku Kueh

Glutinous Rice

Despite Poh Cheu's popularity, I found their soon kueh and bamboo kueh fillings to be somewhat ordinary tasting, compared to My Genie Gourmet's soon kueh fillings. My mother made no comment on the kuehs and glutinous rice, so I think she found them only average. Makes me wonder if we caught Poh Cheu on a bad day.



Poh Cheu
http://www.sbestfood.com/pohcheu.htm

127 Bukit Merah Lane 1
#01-230
Singapore 150127

Tel: 6276 2287
 
Opening hours: Mon - Sat: 8am - 6pm

No comments:

Post a Comment